RUSSELL DICK has been involved in the Port Macquarie music scene as a professional musician for over 35 years beginning with a keyboard/vocal duo in the early days & working for many years in musical instrument retail businesses. His passion is playing piano which he commenced as an 8 year old.
Russell’s piano/keyboard playing background and current activities includes:
- piano work as a tutor, accompanist and as a studio/session musician,
- piano/keyboard/vocal accompanist for many bands at the Tamworth Country Music Festival
- vocal solo or accompanist for band performances,
- piano accompanist for the Jim Haynes daily “Big Bush Brekky Show” at the Tamworth
Country Music Festival for the past 12 years.
Russell also enjoys his work as a drum tutor (with piano accompaniment of course)
Also available from Russell’s home operated business is:
- Karaoke and Jukebox party hire
- PA hire for bands and outdoor events
- Bands arranged to suit special occasions and events
Currently working in the music industry with 35 years experience.
Instruments: piano, synthesiser, drums and guitar.
Experience with lead vocals, harmonies, sequencing, studio work and PA systems.
Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training – Sept 2003.
◆ WORK HISTORY
Musician/ Music Teacher, Self employed.
For the last 25 years I have operated a private studio teaching piano and drums to students ranging in age from 6 to 75 years. Many of these students have gone on to further their music in bands and colleges.
2010-current – Heritage Christian School Port Macquarie – Piano, Keyboard, Drums Tutor
2011-current – St Peter’s Primary School – Piano Tutor
2009-2011 Part of Band for Garth Brooks Tribute show
1994 – Current – Pianist and backing vocals for Jim Haynes. over this time have supported Jim with performances throughout Australia, as well as performing on his albums.
Currently playing local venues including: Port RSL, Westport Club, Port City Bowling Club, Mecure Inn.
Played professionally for 35 years.
Played on 20 albums.
Toured approximately 130 destinations in Queensland, Victoria, Tasmania, NSW with Jim Haynes and Jean Stafford.
Backed and played with over 100 recording artists.
Played for 35 years in the local Hastings and Macleay area.
Part time teacher, TAFE: Four years – Contemporary Music Course at Kempsey, Port Macquarie and Wauchope
School Certificate, Port Macquarie High School, 1974.
◆ INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES
• Tennis, skin diving, travel, bush walking, surfing.
• Studying music
◆ LICENSES & CERTIFICATES
• Contemporary Music Course, Australian Guild of Music and Speech, Grade 5 – Pass A
• Peavey Course in sound reinforcement, conducted in America, 1994.
• Advanced Skills Training Programme, Lifeline, 1998.
• Member of APRA, 9 years
• Drivers Licence Class 3.
Work with Children Check : WWWC0313977E
Expiry date: 15/03/2019